Social Media Posting Plan: Simple 5-Step How To
Creating a posting plan can seem pretty daunting at times. I mean, it's really easy to get caught up in all the social media platforms you're on right? I know I've been there. From Facebook to Instagram to Twitter to, well you get the point.
And then I bet you've wondered what to post and how often and what time and and WHEW!
Don't worry, you're not alone. It can definitely overtake us but one things for sure, if you have a plan then you're much better equipped.
Where Do I Start?
This is a great question and one I get asked quite often too. I decided to write about it and also create the graphic you see below that's also a free printable. You can print it right now and use it as you read this post 🙂I just received my FREE social media planning printable! Click To Tweet
Once we start going through this it will all sound very simple. Now don't let that fool you. Our minds seem to think that we need something over complicated to get results when actually, a simple effective process that gets the results you are looking for works just fine.
5 Questions To Ask Yourself
Now that you have that free printable in your hand, let's go through each of the 5 questions:
- Open Hours: What days do you operate your business?
- It is important to know this not only for your plan but also for your audience. Set your days and be consistent
- Social Media & Posting Method: What social media platforms are you on and what is your posting method?
- Posting method means are you manually posting say on Facebook or do you use a scheduling program to send out your posts for you?
- What Does My Audience Need?: This is the most crucial step; what does your audience really want?
- You can run a poll of ideas on social media or just flat out ask them.
- Research/Plan Idea: Now that you know what they want, you might need to do some research.
- If you're already knowledgeable then this step is a snap.
- Create Content: There are many forms such as images, articles, blog posts and so on.
- Number 1 rule? Make sure your content provides value
Too easy or still drawing a blank?
Sometimes hearing the steps is easier than reading them. Well that's how my mind works Lol
Click on the video below and you'll see how I walk you though creating this plan. Even if you can't print the template, you can definitely grab a pen and paper and write it out that way too, whatever gets the job done! 😉
What To Do Next?
Next I suggest that you carve out some time and actually fill out the steps. Now I know you're probably thinking “But Carrie, I don't have time for that”. If getting an effective social media plan is something you feel challenged on then I say you can't afford to not find the time.
Once you have this in place you'll find that it gets simpler as you go and you'll have more time to create your content and help your audience 🙂
After you give it a try, comment below and let me know how it works! If you have any ideas to add, I would love to hear those too.
Did This Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below and shared on Facebook
Would a strategy session help you? Check out my Work With Me Carrie B where I help people everyday 🙂
P.S.–> If you haven't quite got this whole marketing thing down yet or would like to earn an income on the side, This Is What I Recommend